Monday, March 26, 2012

Pre Printed Forms in Reporting Services 2005

Hello
I have a requirement that I want to use reporting service for -- but I can't
seem to get it to work. I've researched this all weekend with no luck.
I'm trying to use reporting services 2005 to print content into pre printed
forms. The building of the report is very simple -- the problem is placing
the
fields correctly in the designer.
The approach that I'm using is a 5 step process as follows:
1) Scan an image of the form to a gif;
2) Add it in the designer in an image control;
3) Send the image control to the back;
4) Place text controls where the data is to be printed; and
5) Remove the image from the designer before publishing.
What I'm experiencing is the image IS NOT being rendered as the original size
within the designer so the printing doesn't match the physical forms.
No matter what I've tried, I can't solve this issue. Do you know of a
solution
and/or could you forward to someone that can help me out?
Thanks in advance.
Clay SeifertClay- We got forms lineup to work in the new Framework 2 controls by setting
the background form image to 96 dpi. We aren't exactly sure why it works --
just that it does. You might give that a try.
BillJ
"Clay" wrote:
> Hello
> I have a requirement that I want to use reporting service for -- but I can't
> seem to get it to work. I've researched this all weekend with no luck.
> I'm trying to use reporting services 2005 to print content into pre printed
> forms. The building of the report is very simple -- the problem is placing
> the
> fields correctly in the designer.
> The approach that I'm using is a 5 step process as follows:
> 1) Scan an image of the form to a gif;
> 2) Add it in the designer in an image control;
> 3) Send the image control to the back;
> 4) Place text controls where the data is to be printed; and
> 5) Remove the image from the designer before publishing.
> What I'm experiencing is the image IS NOT being rendered as the original size
> within the designer so the printing doesn't match the physical forms.
> No matter what I've tried, I can't solve this issue. Do you know of a
> solution
> and/or could you forward to someone that can help me out?
> Thanks in advance.
> Clay Seifert
>

No comments:

Post a Comment