Wednesday, March 28, 2012

PrecompileScriptIntoBinaryCode errors

Hi,

I have several script tasks. Every now and then I get an error that the task can't precompile the script into binary code, or something to that effect. It's very intermittent, so it doesn't really seem to have any rhyme or reason.

For example, I have a package that has been running perfectly for weeks now, but just TODAY it decided to give me a precompile error. So I changed the "PrecompileScriptIntoBinaryCode" setting to "false", and that solved the problem.

I don't get why this is happening. It seems like a bug. It makes me wonder if I should set all scripts to "false."

Thanks

sadie519590 wrote:

Hi,

I have several script tasks. Every now and then I get an error that the task can't precompile the script into binary code,

Does it give any more info? Like WHY it can't compile it?

-Jamie

|||Not that I remember. I can't reproduce this error at will. I just know that it happens with the script task once in a while, for reasons that aren't clear or logical, and seemingly random. I do think this is a bug.|||

Here is the error:

Error 1 Validation error. myTask : The task is configured to pre-compile the script, but binary code is not found. Please visit the IDE in Script Task Editor by clicking Design Script button to cause binary code to be generated. CashRec - BMO.dtsx 0 0

|||So do that and go in and hit the space bar somewhere in the script. Then close out of it and try again.|||

Tried that. But didn't work.

Why would that fix it? Seems strange to me....

I had this error happen AGAIN. This is what caused it: I went into the script, highlighted some code, then copied it to the clipboard for use in another place. Then I exited the script using the cancel button. NOTHING CHANGED.

Next thing I know, the script task is giving me the recompile error. This does seem buggy, doesn't it?

|||

Ugh - this keeps happening! All I do is go into the script, highlight some rows, then copy the data to the clipboard. Nothing changes in the script itself.

Then, once I'm out of the script, it displays the error. Changing the precompile to "false" gets rid of the problem.

But I don't think this problem should happen to begin with... it seems really flaky.

I had a package hang a job up for over 24 hours (it just ran and ran and never completed) due to a script error of this nature. This is not good because it doesn't even send an error message.

|||Do you have SP2 installed?|||

No.

If this was my server, it would have.

|||

sadie519590 wrote:

No.

If this was my server, it would have.

Then this likely applies to you:

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1855810&SiteID=1

No comments:

Post a Comment