Friday, March 30, 2012

Predicting in Trees

Hi! I have created a DMM using Trees. But when I go to the Mining Model Predition tab and select a Predict function, I get this in the criteria column: <Scalar column reference>[, EXCLUDE_NULL|INCLUDE_NULL][, INCLUDE_NODE_ID]. When select Result, I get this error: "An incorrect number of arguments are used in the function at line 3, column 3." I'm predicting a continuous variable.

But when I delete everything except <Scalar column reference> I get this error: "Parser: The syntax for '<' is incorrect."

When I delete everything in the criteria column, I get this: "Query execution failed."

If I change the criteria to "<Scalar column reference>,INCLUDE_NULL, INCLUDE_NODE_ID" I get the error again that the query execution failed.

I'm working from a data set I created. I had no problems with predictions using clustering, but can't seem to get Trees to work.

Hello,

<Scalar column reference> is supposed to be a placeholder for the actual column name. For example, if you are building a Decision Tree model to predict, say the [Bike Buyer] column (the example in the sample database coming with SQL Server 2005), the function call may look like: Predict( [Bike buyer]) or Predict( [Bike buyer], EXCLUDE_NULL).

Hope this helps

|||Very helpful! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment