Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Precedence "Completion" operation

I have three sequence containers setup to run in parallel. I have a final step that parses the log file and displays results, and I want to this to occur when all three containers have completed, success or failure. I therefore have a constraint from each container that feeds into my final step, and all three constraint types are set to "completion".

When I run the package and one of the tasks within a container fails (and fails its parent, but not the package) the final step is not executed.

If I take off all the constraints except one, the final step is executed as expected.

I am using checkpointing if that has any impact. Disabling it makes no difference.

Any thoughts/alternatives I might try?

thanks

not sure about this...but have looked at the MaximunErrorCount property at the package level?|||

Post parallel tasks not excuting despite completion precedence constraints(s). This sounds like you're using FailPackageOnFailure. Are you?

If a task fails and you've sett FailPackageOnFailure on it, or something in its container hierarchy, the parallel tasks that have already started will still continue post failure. But, from the point the FailPackageOnError is hit, no other task will be started, including the task to which you've linked up the Completion precedence constraints.

FailPackageOnFailure trumps any constraint.

|||

jaegd wrote:

FailPackageOnFailure trumps any constraint.

That was the problem. Removed that setting and now the constraints behave as expected.

Thanks a lot!

No comments:

Post a Comment