Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Precedence Constraints and Sequence Containers

I have about 12 sequence containers mapped out to execute separately based on a precedence contraint and an expression. These lie at the same level and order in my sequence. Only one of these will execute based on an expression. After any of these executes, I have a consecutive sequence container that I'm attempting to execute. I've set the precedence contraint from all twelve of the prior sequence containers to this single sequence container that I would like to run after any of the 12. My problem is that the package will only allow one of these twelve sequence containers to become a precedence of this second single sequence container at a time. The package will let me graphically attach the precedence constraint from all 12 to this single sequence container, but when the package runs, it fails to follow through to this single sequence container. I'm trying to figure out why this is the case and how I can get what I would like to work -- work. Thanks.

Double-click on one of the precendence constraints going into the single sequence container. Near the bottom you will see a drop down that allows you to set it to an OR condition (The constraints will turn into dotted lines)

This means that that will execute if ANY of its precedence cnstraints are satisfied. If you leave it set to AND, then ALL of the constraints have to be satisfied, which will never happen in your case since the other 11 sequence containers will never execute.

|||

Thanks Dave!

I saw that but wasn't sure how that worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment