Monday, February 20, 2012

Positioning parameters in header

I have three parameters for a financial rpt. Division name, "From" date, and
"To" date. I want the "From" and "to" date parameters to be on the same line,
with the division name on top. How do I make this happen?
Thanks in advance!
carlYou can create two text boxes, one to show the first parameter and 1 to show
the from/to values:
The value property of each:
1) = Fields!division_name.Value
2) = "From " + Fields!from_date.Value.ToString("d") + " to " + Fields!to_date.Value.ToString("d")
Date/Time format strings:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az4se3k1.aspx
> I have three parameters for a financial rpt. Division name, "From"
> date, and "To" date. I want the "From" and "to" date parameters to be
> on the same line, with the division name on top. How do I make this
> happen?
> Thanks in advance!
> car|||I apologize, after reading my own post I realize I was not clear on what I
wanted.
I want to be able to position the actual drop down boxes in the report tool
bar so that when the user goes to enter/select data in the drop downs, the
placement of the drop downs makes more sense.
I realize that this makes no difference to the functionality of the report,
but I have a business user who doesnt like the "feel" of where they line up
now, with the division name and "from date on the top line, then the "to"
date below by itself. I want to get the from and to date parameters on the
same "line" so that its more obvious as to what the purpose of these
parameters are.
thanks!!
"Andrew Backer" wrote:
> You can create two text boxes, one to show the first parameter and 1 to show
> the from/to values:
> The value property of each:
> 1) = Fields!division_name.Value
> 2) = "From " + Fields!from_date.Value.ToString("d") + " to " + Fields!to_date.Value.ToString("d")
> Date/Time format strings:
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/az4se3k1.aspx
>
>
> > I have three parameters for a financial rpt. Division name, "From"
> > date, and "To" date. I want the "From" and "to" date parameters to be
> > on the same line, with the division name on top. How do I make this
> > happen?
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> > carl
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment