Saturday, February 25, 2012

possible currupt database?

Hello everyone,
I recently moved a database from a Windows 2000 server (standard)
running SQL 2000 SP3 and placed it on a Windows 2003 server (standard) also
running SQL 2000 SP3. For some weird reason, on our citrix server which is
a BL20P (HP Blade) when my clients access their session and run the
application that is tied into the database that I just moved from one server
to the other, when they are prompted to either cancel or save their work, it
freezes and it doesn't save their work. Prior of moving this database, they
didn't have this problem, the other weird thing is, other people (normal
workstation computers) when they access the same program it works fine and
there are no hang ups. This program is a proprietary program that we use to
issue permits and it's made by HDL companies. I've had no luck with them
because they are pointing figures at me. My question, is it possible that
during the transportation of the database, and could it have been corrupted
during the process? Is there a way to do a consistency check on the
database? Help...
Thank you
Alex AndersonAlex,
Yes, there are tools to do consistency checks. Read about DBCC CHECKDB in
the BOL.
However, if your other non-HDL users are working, then I suspect the
database is probably not corrupted. I would suggest that you recheck the
security issues (grants, usernames, etc) that the HDL documentation should
specify. It may be that an account or account rights got missed during the
move.
Russell Fields
"Alex Anderson" <AAnderson@.Murrieta.org> wrote in message
news:uKw5$3cQEHA.132@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Hello everyone,
> I recently moved a database from a Windows 2000 server (standard)
> running SQL 2000 SP3 and placed it on a Windows 2003 server (standard)
also
> running SQL 2000 SP3. For some weird reason, on our citrix server which
is
> a BL20P (HP Blade) when my clients access their session and run the
> application that is tied into the database that I just moved from one
server
> to the other, when they are prompted to either cancel or save their work,
it
> freezes and it doesn't save their work. Prior of moving this database,
they
> didn't have this problem, the other weird thing is, other people (normal
> workstation computers) when they access the same program it works fine and
> there are no hang ups. This program is a proprietary program that we use
to
> issue permits and it's made by HDL companies. I've had no luck with them
> because they are pointing figures at me. My question, is it possible
that
> during the transportation of the database, and could it have been
corrupted
> during the process? Is there a way to do a consistency check on the
> database? Help...
> Thank you
> Alex Anderson
>|||Russell,
Thank you for responding. I have logged in the same user that logs into
citrix where the problem exists on a workstation and that same user doesn't
have the problem. Security I have specified are two groups and there is
another SQL security user but that is for administration purposes. I'll
read up on DBCC and CHECKDB. It's the strangest problem I've ran into, and
I have everyone involved except Microsoft which would be my last ditch
effort.
Thank you
Alex Anderson
"Russell Fields" <RussellFields@.NoMailPlease.Com> wrote in message
news:OmZCaGdQEHA.1392@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Alex,
> Yes, there are tools to do consistency checks. Read about DBCC CHECKDB in
> the BOL.
> However, if your other non-HDL users are working, then I suspect the
> database is probably not corrupted. I would suggest that you recheck the
> security issues (grants, usernames, etc) that the HDL documentation should
> specify. It may be that an account or account rights got missed during
the
> move.
> Russell Fields
> "Alex Anderson" <AAnderson@.Murrieta.org> wrote in message
> news:uKw5$3cQEHA.132@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > I recently moved a database from a Windows 2000 server (standard)
> > running SQL 2000 SP3 and placed it on a Windows 2003 server (standard)
> also
> > running SQL 2000 SP3. For some weird reason, on our citrix server which
> is
> > a BL20P (HP Blade) when my clients access their session and run the
> > application that is tied into the database that I just moved from one
> server
> > to the other, when they are prompted to either cancel or save their
work,
> it
> > freezes and it doesn't save their work. Prior of moving this database,
> they
> > didn't have this problem, the other weird thing is, other people (normal
> > workstation computers) when they access the same program it works fine
and
> > there are no hang ups. This program is a proprietary program that we
use
> to
> > issue permits and it's made by HDL companies. I've had no luck with
them
> > because they are pointing figures at me. My question, is it possible
> that
> > during the transportation of the database, and could it have been
> corrupted
> > during the process? Is there a way to do a consistency check on the
> > database? Help...
> >
> > Thank you
> > Alex Anderson
> >
> >
>

No comments:

Post a Comment