Saturday, February 25, 2012

Possible Bug with HTML Comments for Data Driven Subscription

I have specified a good sized comment that gets displayed in the message
body. It is html, which by the way could be improved as it is a bit
difficult as it all has to be on one line which makes the <pre> tag useless
so I have to replace all spaces with nbsp and all line breaks with <br> (Hint
- wishlist). In either case when I go back and change something else later -
for instance the email address, it replaces the brackets on my tags in the
comment box with < and &rt, thereby messing up my comment and giving me
something that is gobbledy gook as far as the user is concerned. Why does
reporting services mess up my comment when I go back to change something else?
Thanks,
Scott EguiresThis is a known issue. The Asp.Net control encodes the data for us which
causes this problem. There is no real workaround, except to keep you html
in a separate location and cut and paste it in when ready.
--
-Daniel
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"dkangel" <dkangel@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9EC5C437-196A-4CD9-BA1D-BBBCD10DC100@.microsoft.com...
> I have specified a good sized comment that gets displayed in the message
> body. It is html, which by the way could be improved as it is a bit
> difficult as it all has to be on one line which makes the <pre> tag
useless
> so I have to replace all spaces with nbsp and all line breaks with <br>
(Hint
> - wishlist). In either case when I go back and change something else
later -
> for instance the email address, it replaces the brackets on my tags in the
> comment box with < and &rt, thereby messing up my comment and giving me
> something that is gobbledy gook as far as the user is concerned. Why does
> reporting services mess up my comment when I go back to change something
else?
> Thanks,
> Scott Eguires

No comments:

Post a Comment