Monday, February 20, 2012

Possible border width bug

I have a simple report taht has no groups and contains a few iif's here and
there to colorize a few strings. I set up a border at the bottom of my
detail row, it's a 1pt solid border. When i render to pdf, it seems that
some lines are doubled and some others not. I double checked my data source
and i don't see anything like empty data rows or anything. I tried to remove
all border information and tried to set a border on only one cell and i still
got this problem. Other developpers tried to help me and found out the same
thing is happening in their reports. You can easily see it when you zoom at
around 800% in adore reader. It barely shows on paper but on some darker
printers it shows enough to be noticeable...
Right now the only explanation i can think of is that it could be a bug but
this seems too easy for a conclusion...I think this might be a bug with the calculation precision used in
positioning items. We have made some fixes in this area for SQL 2005. I
would be interesting to see if it still repros there.
--
Brian Welcker
Group Program Manager
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"/dev/null" </dev/null@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D940A89A-5B4B-4F06-B89F-1BAF2DCD01E0@.microsoft.com...
>I have a simple report taht has no groups and contains a few iif's here and
> there to colorize a few strings. I set up a border at the bottom of my
> detail row, it's a 1pt solid border. When i render to pdf, it seems that
> some lines are doubled and some others not. I double checked my data
> source
> and i don't see anything like empty data rows or anything. I tried to
> remove
> all border information and tried to set a border on only one cell and i
> still
> got this problem. Other developpers tried to help me and found out the
> same
> thing is happening in their reports. You can easily see it when you zoom
> at
> around 800% in adore reader. It barely shows on paper but on some darker
> printers it shows enough to be noticeable...
> Right now the only explanation i can think of is that it could be a bug
> but
> this seems too easy for a conclusion...
>|||Thanks for the information, i appreciate the quick response.
"Brian Welcker [MSFT]" wrote:
> I think this might be a bug with the calculation precision used in
> positioning items. We have made some fixes in this area for SQL 2005. I
> would be interesting to see if it still repros there.
> --
> Brian Welcker
> Group Program Manager
> Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "/dev/null" </dev> wrote in message
> news:D940A89A-5B4B-4F06-B89F-1BAF2DCD01E0@.microsoft.com...
> >I have a simple report taht has no groups and contains a few iif's here and
> > there to colorize a few strings. I set up a border at the bottom of my
> > detail row, it's a 1pt solid border. When i render to pdf, it seems that
> > some lines are doubled and some others not. I double checked my data
> > source
> > and i don't see anything like empty data rows or anything. I tried to
> > remove
> > all border information and tried to set a border on only one cell and i
> > still
> > got this problem. Other developpers tried to help me and found out the
> > same
> > thing is happening in their reports. You can easily see it when you zoom
> > at
> > around 800% in adore reader. It barely shows on paper but on some darker
> > printers it shows enough to be noticeable...
> >
> > Right now the only explanation i can think of is that it could be a bug
> > but
> > this seems too easy for a conclusion...
> >
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment