Saturday, February 25, 2012

Possible Concurrency Issues.

Hi,
I was wondering if it is possible to call a stored procedure from sql server 2005 (call it sp_1) that calls an assembly which takes a message, wraps it in soap and calls a webservice and waits for a reply from that webservice (the stored procedure is clr not t-sql). This WebService needs to then call sp_1 to perform some other tasks. Is this possible or does sp_1 need to have finished what it was doing before it can be called again.

I have been trying to do this and have received a number of errors one of which looks like;

'The context connection is already in use.'

Sorry if I haven't worded it very well, I will try to clear up any questions if you need me to.

Thanks
N
Dont worry about replying to this, I have done some more research and the I was trying to open multiple context connections when only 1 is allowed at a time, which was creating the error.

No comments:

Post a Comment