Saturday, February 25, 2012

Possible bug with SSIS File System Task

I'm having an issue with a file system task & I'm not sure whether it is user error on my part or a bug. I'm using a SQL Task to create a transaction log backup & I'm saving the name of the file in a result set which I then am mapping to a package level user variable. After that runs I'm trying to copy this .BAK file to another folder using the file system task. I'm setting the following properties on the file system task.

Isdestinationpathvariable: False

Then I have entered the static directory for the file move.

Operation: Tried it with both copy file & move file.

Issourcepathvariable: True

Sourceconnection: User::File_name

After setting this I immediately get a validation warning telling me the source directory cannot be empty. If I try to run it, it fails. The weird thing is that if I set up a connection manager to a flat file & pass my user variable in as the connection string to this connection. Then set the Issourcepathvariable to false & the Sourceconnection to this connection manager it works.

I also have gotten it to work by substituting an ftp task in place of the file system task. The ftp task has no problem when I set the Islocalpathvariable to true & then pass my variable to Localvariable property. This is why I believe there is some sort of issue with the file system task. Has anyone seen this before? Is there some sort of problem with the way I'm setting it up?

Thank you

You might be missing the path of your source connection. Make sure you are including the path of the source file as a part of the File_name variable.

Rafael Salas

|||I tried it with both a mapped drive letter in the path & a unc path. No luck with either. Also the path I put into the variable works for the ftp task. Thank you though.

No comments:

Post a Comment