Saturday, February 25, 2012

Possible BUG in RS.

When populating a matrix and having an expression to set the background of
the row , in this case I am setting alternate shading of rows to make reading
easier, I would expect the whole matrix row to to be shaded, not just the
groups in the row that have a value in them.
To simplify my descritpion here, I ask MS why does RS only allow the data
groups that have a value in them set the background to that of the expression
I specify.
Surely the group should set the background attribute I specify regardless of
a value contained in the group.
The resultant display is like a checker board effect, as groups in the row
with data will be grey background and those without the value in the same
group will remain transparent.
Has anyone else had similar issues with Matrices in RS?
cheers
PaulYou want to read the following blog article:
http://blogs.msdn.com/chrishays/archive/2004/08/30/223068.aspx
-- Robert
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"PaulQld" <PaulQld@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:E2EFE16E-98F0-4DC2-A55D-40709956C697@.microsoft.com...
> When populating a matrix and having an expression to set the background of
> the row , in this case I am setting alternate shading of rows to make
> reading
> easier, I would expect the whole matrix row to to be shaded, not just the
> groups in the row that have a value in them.
> To simplify my descritpion here, I ask MS why does RS only allow the data
> groups that have a value in them set the background to that of the
> expression
> I specify.
> Surely the group should set the background attribute I specify regardless
> of
> a value contained in the group.
> The resultant display is like a checker board effect, as groups in the row
> with data will be grey background and those without the value in the same
> group will remain transparent.
> Has anyone else had similar issues with Matrices in RS?
> cheers
> Paul
>|||Robert, thankyou for your link to Chris's blogg.
Paul
"Robert Bruckner [MSFT]" wrote:
> You want to read the following blog article:
> http://blogs.msdn.com/chrishays/archive/2004/08/30/223068.aspx
> -- Robert
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> "PaulQld" <PaulQld@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:E2EFE16E-98F0-4DC2-A55D-40709956C697@.microsoft.com...
> > When populating a matrix and having an expression to set the background of
> > the row , in this case I am setting alternate shading of rows to make
> > reading
> > easier, I would expect the whole matrix row to to be shaded, not just the
> > groups in the row that have a value in them.
> >
> > To simplify my descritpion here, I ask MS why does RS only allow the data
> > groups that have a value in them set the background to that of the
> > expression
> > I specify.
> >
> > Surely the group should set the background attribute I specify regardless
> > of
> > a value contained in the group.
> >
> > The resultant display is like a checker board effect, as groups in the row
> > with data will be grey background and those without the value in the same
> > group will remain transparent.
> >
> > Has anyone else had similar issues with Matrices in RS?
> >
> > cheers
> > Paul
> >
> >
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment