Monday, February 20, 2012

Positioning report in SSRS

I created a report in SSRS. Current fiscal year report with every day
-- page break on month.
How do I position the report to the current month?
Right now the users have to page down when viewing the report.
I thought about creating an invisible sort column doing some sort of
equation on month, but I thought SSRS should have something to
position the report.
Thoughts?If users are most likely interested in monthly data, why not just have a
"month" query parameter added to the report?
"Muehe" <Muehe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CC3F03E4-D8ED-4A1F-8787-086A79686BF5@.microsoft.com...
>I created a report in SSRS. Current fiscal year report with every day
> -- page break on month.
> How do I position the report to the current month?
> Right now the users have to page down when viewing the report.
> I thought about creating an invisible sort column doing some sort of
> equation on month, but I thought SSRS should have something to
> position the report.
> Thoughts?|||I don't think much of using filters (versus query parameters) but in this
case it makes lots of sense. Have a Month parameter which has the option of
All. Then have the filter that returns all months or just the specific
month.
--
Bruce Loehle-Conger
MVP SQL Server Reporting Services
"Norman Yuan" <FakeName@.FakeEmail.Not> wrote in message
news:uH9fe3yQIHA.2208@.TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> If users are most likely interested in monthly data, why not just have a
> "month" query parameter added to the report?
>
> "Muehe" <Muehe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CC3F03E4-D8ED-4A1F-8787-086A79686BF5@.microsoft.com...
>>I created a report in SSRS. Current fiscal year report with every day
>> -- page break on month.
>> How do I position the report to the current month?
>> Right now the users have to page down when viewing the report.
>> I thought about creating an invisible sort column doing some sort of
>> equation on month, but I thought SSRS should have something to
>> position the report.
>> Thoughts?
>

No comments:

Post a Comment